Register for SciFinder
You must register for a SciFinder account before you can use the database.
1. Go to the UC SciFinder website, under "New User?" select Davis (UCD). If you are registering from off-campus, you need to log-in via the VPN first.
2. Review the instructions for creating the username/password, then click the registration link at the end of the page. You must register with your "ucdavis.edu" email account.
3. When you receive your confirmation email, click the link in the message to complete the registration. If you do not see the confirmation email in your inbox, check your spam folder.
Once you have registered, logon to SciFinder.
About This Guide
This guide provides information on using SciFinder at UC Davis, including registration, access, troubleshooting, and resources available for training.
Click on the above.
For additional chemistry databases, and resources, see the Chemistry Subject Guide
SciFinder: Access and Registration
- One time registration is required before you can use SciFinder.
- See box at left for detailed registration instructions.
- You must be current UC student, faculty or staff to use SciFinder
- Hours of access: 5am Sunday thru 3pm Saturday (PST)
- We no longer have shared ports or usage limitations for SciFinder
Coverage: 1907 - present, with selected pre-1907 material.
- SciFinder uses an optional Java plug-in for drawing structures & reactions. It is probably already installed on your machine, if not download Java Plug-in here
- Description of the coverage, content, update frequency, and number of citations, substacnes, reactions, regulated chemicals and chemical suppliers indexed in SciFinder.