- Healthy People 2020
Healthy People 2020 challenges individuals, communities, and professionals—indeed, all of us— to take specific steps to ensure that good health, as well as long life, are enjoyed by all.
- Health Disparities & Minority Health Information Resources
MEDLINE/PubMed Search and Health Disparities & Minority Health Information Resources
- Medline Plus: Population Groups
Locate trusted health information provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health about a variety of population groups.
- Women's Health: U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services
Locate information on the federal governments source for women's health.
- Minority Women's Health: U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services
This is the federal governments source for minority women's health information.
- Office of Minority Health: U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services
The mission of the Office of Minority Health (OMH) is to improve and protect the health of racial and ethnic minority populations through the development of health policies and programs.
- National Institutes of Health: Minority Health
The National Institutes of Health provides information on a select group of minorities.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Find information regarding various populations and their health from the U.S. Department of health and Human Services.
- Center for Cross-Cultural Research
The Center for Cross-Cultural Psychology was established for the scientific study of and education about cultural influences on human psychological functioning. Culture is broadly taken to mean shared meanings and understanding (e.g., values, norms, attitudes) held by group members.
- Intute: Health and Life Sciences - Nursing
Formerly known as NMAP, Intute offers access to a variety of credible web resources for nursing, midwifery, and allied health. One may search MeSH headings as well as RCN headings. One can also search for information on Medicine, Bioresearch, the History and Medicine and other Life Science related topics.
- Cross Cultural Health Care Program (CCHP)
Recognizing the diversity and the different ways to health, the mission of the Cross Cultural Health Care Program is to serve as a bridge between communities and health care institutions to ensure full access to quality health care that is culturally and linguistically appropriate.
- Transcultural C.A.R.E. Associates
Transcultural C.A.R.E. Associates is a private organization providing keynote presentations, workshops, seminars, consultations, and training focusing on clinical, administrative, research and education.
- Association of Clinicians for the Underserved
ACU is a nonprofit, transdisciplinary organization of clinicians, advocates, and health care organizations united in a common mission to improve the health of America's underserved populations and to enhance the development and support of the health care clinicians serving these populations.
- Agency for Healthcare Research And Quality (AHRQ) Minority Health Links: Links to AHRQ reports, workshops, and conferences on minority health.
- Racial, Ethnic, and Primary Language Data Collection in the Health Care System: An Assessment of Federal Policies and Practices (2001)
Provides the first comprehensive analysis of the policies and statutes governing the collection of health care data by race, ethnicity, and primary language
- The HRET Disparities Toolkit: A Toolkit for Collecting Race, Ethnicity, and Primary Language Information from Patients
Provides hospitals, health systems, clinics, and health plans information and resources for systematically collecting race, ethnicity, and primary language data from patients
- Race, Ethnicity, and Language Data: Standardization for Healthcare Quality Improvement (2009)
Recommends collection of more granular ethnicity and language data according to national standards
- Race, Ethnicity, and Language of Patients: Hospital Practices Regarding Collection of Information to Address Disparities in Health Care (2006)
Reports on the race/ethnicity and language data collection practices of non-federal acute care hospitals and safety net hospitals
- Standards for Maintaining, Collecting, and Presenting Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity
Provides a minimum standard for maintaining, collecting, and presenting data on race and ethnicity for all Federal reporting purposes
- The National Health Plan Collaborative Toolkit
Provides resources, lessons, best practices and case studies to help health plans join the effort to reduce disparities
- State Snapshots
Provides State-specific health care quality information, including strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement
Provides access to national and State data on the quality of, and access to, health care from scientifically credible measures and data sources
- Preventable Hospitalization Costs and Mapping Tool
Maps AHRQ's Prevention Quality and Pediatric Quality indicators for a State or county and estimates the expected cost savings that could be achieved by reducing potentially avoidable hospitalizations
- Creation of New Race-Ethnicity Codes and Socioeconomic Status (SES) Indicators for Medicare Beneficiaries (2008)
Provides a validated measure of socioeconomic status (SES) and compiles tabulations in the use of selected Medicare services by race and ethnicity and SES nationally and within the largest metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) in which elderly Hispanics and Asians reside
- Health Equity Snapshot Map
Provides stand-alone documents that can serve as a quick reference regarding state/territorial minority health and health disparities activities
- Talking Quality
Provides guidance on how to communicate health care quality information in understandable and useful ways
- Future Directions for the National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Reports
Provides recommendations on how the NHQR and NHDR can be improved to make them more influential in promoting change in the health care system
- State Documentation of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities to Inform Strategic Action (2011)
Summarizes how leading states analyze race/ethnicity data in strategic plans and reports aimed at reducing racial and ethnic disparities in health status and health care
- State Uses of Hospital Discharge Databases to Reduce Racial and Ethnic Disparities (2010)
Summarizes how leading states that participate in the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) and their clients use hospital discharge data on patient race/ethnicity to inform state health care disparities reduction activities
- Creating Equity Reports: A guide for Hospitals (2008)
Provides a framework for equity reporting and shares lessons learned from experiences creating and using such reports