Managing data simply means planning for storage, organization, and long-term retrieval of your data. This is important for any researcher, and is mandated by some funders. This guide covers data management resources at UC Davis, including tools from the UC Libraries for writing funder-required data management plans and resources for identifying, storing and publishing data and datasets.
For more information, feel free to contact the Library Data Service Team (email@example.com).
This guide covers:
- Getting started: organizing your data, long-term considerations
- Data Management Plans: writing a plan describing the management of your data, as required by many funders
- Storing your data: repositories where you can store your data, including the UC repository Merritt
- Publishing and citing data: how to identify specific datasets for publication, and how to cite datasets
- UCD resources: campus resources, data repositories, and getting help from the library
Researchers creating data. They didn't have to submit a DMP, but you might!