Many thanks to UC Davis Librarians, Amy Studer, Melissa Browne, and Ruth Gustafson, for sharing content used in this course guide.
Welcome to the library course guide for:
UWP104F Writing in the Professions: Health
Instructor: Lindsay Snodgrass
This guide is intended to:
- Help you find and successfully incorporate secondary research into your genre report .
- Find and evaluate peer reviewed journal articles for your Literature Review.
- Evaluate evidence for the translation/infographic assignment
- Point to guidelines for APA formatting to meet requirements for your assignments.
Please contact us if you have any questions or need further assistance.
Minute Paper Survey
Please take a minute to tell us what you think.
Think-Pair-Share exercise for search strategy
THINK about what topic you might be interested in finding out more about for your genre analysis and/or research project.
1. Write down your search question or statement.
2. What are the most important concepts in your search? List synonyms under each concept
__________________ ______________________ ___________________
These words are your search keywords.
Take 5 minutes and PAIR up with a neaby student and SHARE your search topic/question/statement and keywords.
Next we will consider how the concepts are related.
Combining search terms with AND / OR
This short, silent video (1:44) provides a simple explanation of how to use AND & OR in database search strategies. How are your search concepts/keywords related?