Tips for Finding Books
1. Note the call number for any title you would like to find, e.g. QR188 .C47 2010.
2. Consult a Library Map to determine the location of the title
Did You Know? The majority of our collections are organized according to the Library of Congress Classification system.
The Carlson Health Sciences Library and the Blaisdell Medical Library use a different system developed by the U.S. National Library of Medicine, the NLM Classification.
Use the Harvest UC Davis Catalog to search the University Library's collections.
|A. Search by SUBJECT|
TIP: you can incorporate the names of specific countries, e.g. Australia, Chile, into your seach strategy, e.g. foreign study china
|B. Search by KEYWORD:|
- "higher education" and "cross cultural studies"
- "study abroad"
- bicycles and history
- railroads and "social aspects"
|C. Limit by LANGUAGE|
- To search for sources in your native language, use the Advanced Search
2. Use the Language option to select from over 400 languages
3. To view all sources in a given language, leave the search boxes blank and search. Or type a word or phrase to find sources by topic, author, title or publisher.