How To Add Citations to MyBibliography
There are four options for adding citations to MyBibliography:
- Send PubMed search results to MyBibliography (recommended)
- Add from PubMed within MyBibliography
- Add manually
- Upload a MEDLINE or RIS file
For more guidance about the last three options, see: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/techbull/ma16/ma16_my_ncbi_enhancements.html
Sending PubMed Search Results to My Bibliography
- Sign into My NCBI
- Search PubMed to find articles you want to add.
- From within a particular article record or the search results, click on the 'Send to' drowpdown.
- Click on 'My Bibliography' and then the 'Add to My Bibliography' button that appears.
- The 'Other Citations" option is for grant PIs; to be used for publications that cite your grant, but are not authored by you.
NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that any NIH funded publication for which you were either an author OR the PI of the grant. This means you may need to include articles for which you were not an author but which were supported by a grant you are a PI on.
Manage Compliance thru My Bibliography
Detailed instructions for Managing Compliance to the NIH Public Access Policy are provided by NIH.
My Bibliography Delegates
Use the 'Delegates' feature to share the work with others in your lab or with librarians.
- From My Bibliography, click on 'Edit settings' for My Bibliography.
- At the bottom of the page click on the link to 'Add Delegate'
- Enter the email of the person you want to add as a delegate and click the 'Add Delegate' button.