How To Add Citations to MyBibliography
There are four options for adding citations to MyBibliography:
- Send PubMed search results to MyBibliography (recommended)
- Add from PubMed within MyBibliography
- Add manually
- Upload a MEDLINE or RIS file
For more guidance about the last three options, see: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/techbull/ma16/ma16_my_ncbi_enhancements.html
Sending PubMed Search Results to My Bibliography
Sign into My NCBI.
Search PubMed to find articles you want to add.
- Try using PubMed's Single Citation Matcher. Type in the author name and then click search.
From within a particular article record or the search results, click on the 'Send to' drop-down.
Click on 'My Bibliography' and then the 'Add to My Bibliography' button that appears.
NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that any NIH funded publication for which you were either an author OR the PI of the grant. This means you may need to include articles for which you were not an author but which were supported by a grant you are a PI on.
Using EndNote to Create a RIS File for Upload to MyBibliography
Here are the steps for creating a RIS format file from an EndNote Library to be used for uploading citations into an eRA Commons linked MyBibliography account:
1. In style menu, select RefMan (RIS) Export style. If it is not already listed as an option, find it in "Select Another Style."
2. In EndNote Library menu, select File-->Export, with the following settings:
Save as type: Text File (*.txt)
Export style: RefMan (RIS) Export
3. Rename the *.txt file manually by appending *.ris to the file name
4. Upload the .ris file into NCBI MyBibliography
Use the 'Delegate' feature to share the work with others in your lab, assistants, or with librarians.
1. From My Bibliography, click on 'Edit settings' for My Bibliography.
2. At the bottom of the page click on the link to 'Add a Delegate'
3. Enter the email of the person you want to add as a delegate and click the 'Add Delegate' button. You can add more than one delegate if necessary.
Confirm Delegate Connection
If you have been assigned to be a delegate for someone's My Bibliography and that person has already added you as a delegate in their account you can follow the steps below to confirm.
- Sign into your My NCBI account.
- If you don't have an account follow the instructions to create a new My NCBI account.
After completing these steps, a link to the delegated bibliography will be listed in your collections in your My NCBI account.