Create New My NCBI Account
Principal Investigators and PD's must use My NCBI's "My Bibliography" tool to manage their professional bibliographies (as of July 23, 2010, see the full notice here).
If you do not have a My NCBI Account...You will need to create one.
- Go to PubMed
- Click on 'My NCBI Sign In' in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You can sign in with accounts you already use like Google, your UC Davis login or your NIH eRA Commons account.
- If you have never used My NCBI we strongly recommend clicking on 'Sign in with NIH login' and logging in with your eRA Commons login to create your account.
- Signing in through one of the Partner Organizations will automatically sync your My NCBI Account, so the easiest option to choose is to sign in via your NIH & eRA Commons account.
Link My NCBI & eRA Commons Accounts
If you already have a My NCBI Account...You need to link your account to your eRA Commons account
- Log into My NCBI
- Click on your login name in the top right.
- Then click on the 'Change' button for 'Linked Accounts'.
- From the list of 'Login Account Options', scroll down and choose 'NIH & eRA Commons' and then log into your eRA Commons account.
If you have problems
If you receive an error message when trying to link accounts you may have linked too many accounts already. You will need to contact NCBI directly to have them manually link your eRA Commons account with your current My NCBI account.
Include in your email the following:
- MyNCBI username
- eRA Commons username
- Email address
Note you do not need to send any passwords.