WEB OF SCIENCE CORE COLLECTON
Cited Reference Searching in the Web of Science Core Collection
- If a cited article is itself indexed in the Web of Science, simply look it up in the Basic Search and "Times Cited" with a link will be on the right side of the record.
2. If the cited item was not indexed by Web of Science, click the down arrow next to “Basic Search” and select “Cited Reference Search.
- Enter the author's name (last name [space, no comma] first initial *) and the year the item you are interested in was published.
- The way that a work is cited can be inconsistent, so I recommend trying the search with just these two fields initially.
- If you need to narrow the search further, try the "cited work" and other search fields.
- Then click search. You then see a list titled "Cited Reference Index." Each line refers to a work that matches your search criteria. The same work may be referenced in several lines because of slight differences in the data (different cited pages for example.) The number at the start of each line is the number of times that reference has been cited in other works.
- Check the boxes in front of all relevant lines and click Finish Search. This generates a list of articles and books that cite one or more of the items you selected.
HOW TO REACH ME
phone: (530) 752-2040
Office: 2nd floor Shields Library
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH
if you have a question or to make an appointment.