Research First Steps
For an excellent introduction to searching for scholarly information, start with a tutorial from the UC Libraries:
Searching for Scholarly Information Quick Steps:
1. State your research question.
2. Decide what type of information resource will best fit your question:
- scholarly journal article?
3. Identify the main concepts in your research question.
4. For each main concept, brainstorm synonyms and related concepts.
5. Combine concepts logically, using AND / OR, to formulate your search.