How Do I...
- Worldwide coverage of the agricultural literature. Also available via NAL
- Coverage: 1970 - present.
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) Technical Library
- Fully searchable and browsable technical documents published by the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers. Includes:
Publication Online Print Holdings Annual Meeting Papers 2001 - present
PSE S675 A516 mf11[microfiche] 1968-2000.
Applied Engineering in Agriculture v.1(1985) - present PSE S671 A37, v.2(1986)-current ASABE Standards (formerly ASAE) Current
S671 A41 Current edition at PSE Ref. previous at NRLF.
Biological Engineering Transactions
(formerly Biological Engineering)
v.1(2008) - present Journal of Agricultural Safety and Health v.1(1995) - present Shields S565 J65, v.1(1995)-current Resource Magazine v.15(2008) - present Shields S671 R47, v.1(1994)-current
Transactions of the ASABE
ASAE v. 1(1958) -- v. 48(2005)
ASABE v. 49(2006) -- present
v.1(1958) - present Shields S671 A49: 1907-1935.
Shields S671 A5: 1958-1962.
PSE S671 A5: 1963-current.
- Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA)
- Includes information on the science, technology and management of marine, freshwater, and brackish water environments and organisms.
- Coverage: 1978 - present.
- Contains citations to items in over 6,000 journals, books, conference proceedings, and technical reports, in all areas of the life sciences and biology, including bioengineering and biotechnology. Many citations include abstracts. Coverage: 1969 - present.
- CAB Abstracts (Commonwealth Agricultural Bureau)
- Covers agriculture, forestry, human health, management of natural resources, and sustainable development, with particular attention to the needs of developing countries. Coverage: 1910 - present.
- SciFinder [Registration Required]
- SciFinder is the most comprehensive bibliographic database for scholarly research in the field of chemistry. It contains over 29 million citations and indexes over 10,000 journals, covering all aspects of chemistry, including chemical aspects of: biology and life sciences, engineering and materials science, food science, geology, medicine, physics, and polymer science. SciFinder also allows searching of chemical substances, chemical reactions, and includes some property data and spectra. It is the online version of Chemical Abstracts. Cited Reference Searching: 1996 - present.
- Coverage: 1907 - present (with selected pre-1907 material).
Register for SciFinder (Required)
- About SciFinder: On & Off-Campus Use, Troubleshooting & Help, Guides
- Java Plug-in required for structure searching
- SciFinder can only be used by UC students, faculty and staff.
- The most comprehensive bibliographic database of engineering research literature, containing references to over 5000 engineering journals and conferences. About half the citations (from 2600 journals and conferences) include abstracts and indexing in the records.
- Coverage: 1884 - present.
- Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management
- Major areas of coverage include aquatic pollution, bacteriology, ecology, energy resources, environmental biotechnology & engineering, environmental impact statements, hazardous waste, industrial hygiene, microbiology, and risk assessment. Databases and coverage include:
Database Coverage ASFA 3: Aquatic Pollution and Environmental Quality: 1990-present Biotechnology Research Abstracts: 1980-2011 (no longer included with ESPM) cology Abstracts 1982-present EIS: Digests of Environmental Impact Statements 1985-present Environmental Engineering Abstracts 1990-present Health and Safety Science Abstracts 1981-present Industrial and Applied Microbiology Abstracts (Microbiology A) 1982-present Bacteriology Abstracts (Microbiology B) 1982-present Pollution Abstracts 1981-present Risk Abstracts 1990-present Toxicology Abstracts 1981-present Water Resources Abstracts 1967-present
- Fish and Fisheries & Aquatic Biodiversity Worldwide
- Covers fish, fisheries and aquaculture, including biology, genetics, natural history, behavior, diseases, parasites, limnology and oceanography, habitat management, culture, propagation, fish processing, marketing, and fisheries management.
- Coverage: 1971 - present.
- Food Science and Technology Abstracts
- Comprehensive coverage of food sciences, products and processing including the relevant basic sciences, economics and legislation.
- Coverage: 1969 - present.
- Oceanic Abstracts
- Oceanic Abstracts covers marine biology and biological oceanography, physical and chemical oceanography, meteorology, geology, geophysics, geochemistry, marine pollution, conservation, environmental protection, fisheries, aquaculture, nonliving resources and technology, ships and shipping, navigation and communications. Coverage: 1981 - present.
- PubMed is the most comprehensive database for medicine, life sciences, health administration, veterinary medicine, molecular biology and genetics. The database indexes over 8,400 journals and contains over 11 million citations. Coverage: 1953 - present.
- Offers rapid access to information in all areas of toxicology, including chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pesticides, environmental pollutants, and mutagens and teratogens. Coverage: 1994 - present.
- Web of Science
- Use Web of Science to find scholarly articles in all disciplines, including biology, agriculture, and engineering. This database can also be used to identify articles that cite an author or article that you specify. Coverage: 1900 - present.
- Zoological Record
- Comprehensive coverage of zoology; including behavior, ecology, evolution, habitat, nutrition, parasitology, reproduction, taxonomy and zoogeography. Coverage: 1978 - present.
- Physical Sciences & Engineering Library Databases
- A complete list.