This guide is designed to help you identify sources for Assignment 4: Research-Based Proposal.
For a comprehensive listing of scholarly search tools, visit the UC Davis Library website.
Begin by defining your Research Framework:
1. Issue/Question(s): What do you already know about your issue? What question(s) do you still have?
2. Sources: Which types of sources you would like to identify (or are you expected to use) and read:
|Types of Sources:||Research Tool:|
|Books||UC Davis Library Catalog|
|Journal, Magazine, Newspaper Articles||Subscription Database(s)|
|Websites (e.g. government reports, statistics)||Commercial Search Engine|
|School Policies||Gamut Online (DJUSD)
Gamut Online (SCUSD)
Gamut Online (WJUSD)
3. Search: What has been published in credible sources?
4. Analyze/Refine: It's typical to revise your search strategies and your perspective on your issue as you work your way through the research process. If you are finding too much, consider narrowing your focus:
- Who? (Population) e.g. English Language Learners, student teachers
- What? (Aspect) e.g. standardized testing instead of assessment
- When? (Date range)